Farmhouse Tacos

Farmhouse+Tacos

Travelers Rest welcomed a new farm-to-table restaurant, Farmhouse Tacos, to its lively food scene Thurs. Jan. 12.

Owned by Greenville natives Chris and Katie Williamson, Farmhouse Tacos offers a local and fresh Southern-inspired cuisine along with a number of hand-crafted cocktails and craft and local beers. The Williamsons pride themselves in sourcing all of their ingredients from farms in the Carolinas and Georgia. In fact, the restaurant proudly displays its meat and produce sources on a large blackboard for all of its customers to see.

With its mantra, “Made with Love in Travelers Rest,” Farmhouse Tacos offers a number of creative twists, fusing traditional and non-traditional takes on the beloved taco. With dishes ranging from a crab cake with fried green tomatoes taco to the Travelers Rest hot chicken taco and the chipotle barbecue taco, Farmhouse Tacos utilizes the tortilla as a vehicle for flavorful expression.

Farmhouse Tacos fuses modern simplicity with a farmhouse vibe to create a fun, lively and fresh dining space. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining spaces along with a

bar area. And not only are its dishes fresh—so are its specialty margaritas. Served in Mason jars and crafted from freshly squeezed limes, the restaurant also offers a similar local take on cocktails.

Since he was 14, owner Chris Williamson has been involved in the growing Greenville restaurant business. Attracted to Travelers Rest’s eclectic and blossoming food scene, the Williamsons chose the small town to open their first restaurant. With the hopes of supporting local farms and economies, the Williamsons felt Travelers Rest offered a great location. The small town is already home to the Travelers Rest Farmer’s Market, which features local vendors each Saturday, as well as other farm-to-table eateries such as the Swamp Rabbit Café and Grocery.

The Williamsons use the harvest season as their inspiration. They choose dishes and ingredients based on what is in season, rotating featured specials depending on what is fresh and current. And thus far, the community has responded well to this vision. With lines out the door and long waits for tables, Farmhouse Tacos has already proved to be the new go-to eatery in town. The restaurant’s delicious yet reasonably priced menu, fun atmosphere and convenient location have already paved the way for its success.

The restaurant is located at the new development on S. Main Street that is soon to be joined by The Tasting Room—a fine wine and craft beer store.

Farmhouse Tacos is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays. For more information and its menu, check out the website http://www.farmhousetacos.com.