CycleBar: Spin it Out!

Greenville welcomed one of the newest up and coming cycle bars in the U.S. to its downtown last October. Opened by franchise owners Eric Skoloff and Keith Boettiger, CycleBar is a member of a successful network of over 200 studios and thus far has received praise from the city.

Greenville’s CycleBar offers a “CycleTheatre” that boasts over 1,100 square feet with 50 state-of-the-art stationary bikes in a three-tiered theatre-style studio equipped with LED lighting and high definition screens. In addition to the modern studio, the location includes locker rooms, each with two full-service shower spaces and a community room for cyclists to congregate.

Skoloff and Boettiger opened the E. McBee Ave. location after recognizing the need for a better cycling experience in the Greenville area. As a Greenville resident for many years, Skoloff, a cyclist and triathlete, wanted a place where Greenville residents could feed off of the city’s exuberant energy. A CycleBar studio was just the place.

With “CycleStats,” a system that tracks personal performance, cyclists of all ages and experience are welcomed to participate and work on their own individual progress. In classes with 40 to 50 cyclists who are motivated to have a great workout, CycleBar offers an exercise studio that surpasses the typical gym.

“I was slightly intimidated going into my first cycling class,” Furman sophomore Julia Cianci said. “However, the instructors were very encouraging and it was such a rewarding workout.”

CycleBar offers four to five themed classes a day. Rides may be purchased on a per-class basis or in a package of multiple classes. Not only has CycleBar been warm to the Greenville community, but it has also been welcoming of college students and offers a student discount.

“As a student, I was very attracted to CycleBar’s student discount,” Cianci said. “Now attending classes every Saturday has become one of the best parts of my weekend. It’s a fun place.”

With accolades from the community, Skoloff and Boettiger plan to branch off of their downtown location and open studios in Simpsonville and other parts of the Upstate.

For information on rides and prices, check out CycleBar’s website at https://greenville.cyclebar.com.