G’Vegas: What’s Coming Up?

Most of us do not see Greenville as the most exciting of places. Falls Park is pretty, downtown is cool, but what else is there to do? Studying gets boring, campus gets monotonous and sometimes you need a break. Luckily, there are some upcoming events in Greenville worth checking out if you need a break from your daily routine.

Sept. 2, this Friday, Hank & Cupcakes, an indie rock-pop duo, is performing at Dive ’n’ Boar. Check them out if you are into live music. The husband-and-wife duo formed in Israel, not something you see every day.

Later on in the month is Euphoria, which begins Sept. 22. It is a weekend-long tasting, cooking and wine event. If you are a foodie, this event is perfect for you; there will be multi-course dinners, live music and live cooking demos.

Furman is hosting a few events in September if you prefer to stay on campus or don’t have a car. Cellobration, a regional music festival, is coming up Sept. 9. This two-day event is perfect for string and orchestra lovers.

If you prefer sports over music, you are in luck. The season of athletics has begun and there are many opportunities to go to a soccer, volleyball, basketball or football game. Check out the Paladin’s schedule to find out more.

You can have a good time wherever you are if you are willing to put in some effort, call up some friends and explore. Attend some of these events if intense studying has already given you a migraine and you need a break from the excessive homework at Furman — I know I do.

Upcoming Home Games: Women’s Volleyball vs. Winthrop Columbia Sept. 2 at 4:30pm. Men’s Soccer vs. College of Charleston at 7pm.

68472364.jpeg
Falls Park in Downtown Greenville is a great place to get sunshine, hang out with friends and grab a scoop of ice cream at Spill the Beans. Photo courtesy of Nicolas Henderson, Creative Commons