Methodical Coffee Bar Brings More Caffeine to Greenville

By Abby Fricke, Staff Writer

Downtown Greenville has been known for its latest metropolitan revamps and chic night-life, but the next avenue for locals are Coffee Bars. Located in the heart of downtown, across from Tupelo Honey and Sassafras, lays Methodical Coffee Bar. This is not the traditional coffee shop, or café. This coffee house has been designed to look like a bar. There is a bar complete with “on tap” like coffee makers. The shop is an alchemists dream come true, sporting a simplistic industrial theme.

With two levels, including an upstairs loft overlooking the bar, customers can be satisfied with plenty of space to come and sip their coffee with friends or chug away at work upstairs with a nice refresher. The walls are decorated with eclectic paintings, one of which is from 1907. Each table has a colorful arrangement of flowers decorating it, adding to the refreshing ambiance that the coffee house emits. Customers often have a variety of coffees as well as select deserts and the prices are quite reasonable with nothing exceeding $5.

Will Shurtz is the Coffee and Hospitality manager for the shop and can be seen greeting customers with a glowing smile on his face. The two other gentlemen involved in the development of the shop include Marco Suarez, currently a senior product design manager at Etsy, and David Baker, who helped a hotel/hostel startup in Prague as the operations and management

Open for just over a week, Methodical lives up to its title; the coffee bar is systematic yet relaxing. If you are looking for a nice open place to hang out with friends or even a quiet corner to tuck yourself away in to study, journey over to Methodical and grab yourself a Chai Tea and Macaroon. The Coffee Bar hours are Tuesday-Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, and 12 p.m.- 5 p.m. Sunday.