Sports Trivia

1. Which two players participated in the longest tennis match ever recorded? How long was it? 2. Who threw the fastest-recorded pitch in MLB history? How fast was it? 3. Which two players are tied for the most sacks in a single Super Bowl game? How many? 4. Which tennis players, male and female, hold the records for fastest serve recorded? At what speed? 5. Who holds the record for most career inside-the-park home runs? How many?
Sports Trivia

1. Which two players participated in the longest tennis match ever recorded? How long was it?

2. Who threw the fastest-recorded pitch in MLB history? How fast was it?

3. Which two players are tied for the most sacks in a single Super Bowl game? How many?

4. Which tennis players, male and female, hold the records for fastest serve recorded? At what speed?

5. Who holds the record for most career inside-the-park home runs? How many?

Answers

1. John Isner and Nicolas Mahut played a match in 2010 lasting 11 hours and 5 minutes, an astounding four hours longer than the second longest. Due to suspensions and darkness, the match took place over a three-day span.won four consecutive Cy Youngs but had his first with the Chicago Cubs then followed that with three for the Atlanta Braves (1992-1995).

2.Aroldis Chapman threw a pitch recorded at 105.1 mph in 2010.

3.Reggie White (Superbowl XXXI) and Darnell Dockett (Superbowl XLIII) share the record of three sacks.

4.Samuel Groth holds the men’s record at 163.4 mph. Venus Williams holds the women’s record at 129 mph, 0.4 mph faster than the second place record by her sister Serena Williams.

5.Jesse Burkett had 55 inside-the-park home runs. He played from 1890 until 1915.