Music Department Responds to “Black @ Furman” and Yearbooks from the Past Reveal how Student Life has Changed

Quick Hits

Staffing Changes to Center for Inclusive CommunitiesDiversity Matters Editor Helena Aarts gives an update on staff changes in the Center for Inclusive Communities following Deborah Allen’s departure. Read about what’s to come for the CIC.

We Don’t Play Like We Used ToNath Kapoor’s extensive investigation into Furman yearbooks from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s reveals much about how student culture at the university has evolved. Get Nath’s take on how some of the structural changes at Furman have affected student life on campus. 

A Review: The Lotus Paradox at Warehouse TheatreArts and Culture writer Macy Petty reviews The Lotus Paradox, a new play by Dorothy Fortenberry at Greenville’s Warehouse Theater. Furman alumna Dayanari Umana performed the role of Julia. Catch Macy’s perspective on this “masterful drama.”

SGA Community Dialogue and PetitionJosephine Geraghty discusses the SGA Community Dialogue and Petition concerning policies for students in quarantine. The dialogue bridged communication gaps between students, professors and administration. 

Looking Forward

Have a fantastic week, and don’t forget to check the latest content at https://thepaladin.news!