Tom Brady is On the Way to Tampa Bay

At a time when the sporting world has grown silent, one news announcement broke through – long-time New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is leaving the northeast and heading down south to Tampa Bay. 

With all the precautions being taken throughout the world, all sporting events have been put on hold or canceled. Many fans are at a loss, wondering what to do with themselves without a game to watch or a team to cheer for. But the National Football League has been busy with trade season and free agency in full swing. 

In the days leading up to the big announcement, free-agent Brady had stated that he would not be returning to the New England Patriots for the 2020-2021 season, cracking the hearts of Patriots fans throughout the world. 

On Mar. 17, their hearts officially broke with the announcement that Tom Brady would be heading to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after twenty seasons with the New England Patriots. 

At forty-two years old, Tom Brady is considered one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Drafted in 2000 by the New England Patriots as the 199th pick, Brady has proven time and time again that he is one of the greatest throughout his twenty seasons. 

Well-loved by all Patriots fans and well-respected throughout the league, Tom Brady has led the Patriots to six Super Bowl championships in the seasons of 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 and 2018, as well as three other playoff appearances. He was also named Super Bowl MVP four times in the 2001, 2003, 2014 and 2018 seasons, as well as NFL MVP three times in 2007, 2010 and 2017. 

The Patriots are the only team that Brady has played for during his twenty seasons in the NFL. Moving to Tampa Bay and playing for the Buccaneers will be a huge adjustment not only for him, but for the entire league as well. 

It will take time for the sporting world to get used to Tom Brady in a red Buccaneers jersey, but no one will forget the success and titles he brought to the Patriots. While he starts a new chapter of his career in Tampa Bay, his time as a Patriot will forever remain iconic.