Senior Send-Off

Senior+Send-Off

Serving as a staff writer and the sports editor for the Paladin this past year has been a blast. As someone whose life centers around sports, having the opportunity to write about both Furman and professional sports has been amazing. 

There is nothing I have enjoyed more than writing about the impressive accomplishments of Furman athletics or choosing who should be the Influential Paladin of the edition. While it was always difficult to select who the Influential Paladin was out of all the deserving athletes on our campus, the talent and determination of all the athletes and staff on campus always gave me something to write about. 

Thank you to all the athletes, coaches, and fans that I have interviewed in the past year. Thank you to everyone who has read my articles and reminded me to write my articles even when I got distracted by whatever sports game I was watching at the time. 

My goal is to be a sportswriter for a professional team one day. Therefore, any chance I get to write about sports in general is one I always grab. Being able to bring together our Furman community and sports has been one of my favorite opportunities at Furman.