Influential Paladin: Natalie Srinivasan

Influential Paladin: Natalie Srinivasan

Natalie Srinivasan is having an exceptional start to her final year on the Furman women’s golf team. After finishing her junior year ranked 42nd nationally, Furman senior Srinivasan entered the golf season being named Golfweek Preseason All-America third team. Since then, Srinivasan has been named the Southern Conference Women’s Golfer of the Week twice, as well as claiming first place wins in multiple invitationals. 

Srinivasan began her season with a tie for 16th place out of ninety-three participants at the Cougar Classic and helped lead the Paladins to a tie for 5th place. She was named the Southern Conference Women’s Golfer of the Week the following week of Sept. 4-10. 

A week later, Srinivasan won the second victory of her career at the Glass City Invitational, where she shot 5-under 211, leading the Paladins to a 6th place victory. She was also named the SoCon Women’s Golfer of the Week for the second straight week of Sept. 11-17 after her win at the Glass City Invitational. 

Srinivasan followed up her win at the Glass City Invitational with another win the next week at the Lady Paladin Invitational, where the Paladins also claimed a 2nd place finish. Srinivasan shot 5-under 211 again and fired a 68 at the par-72 Furman University Golf Course. She was again named the SoCon Women’s Golfer of the Week following her win at the Lady Paladin Invitational for the week of Sept. 25-Oct. 1. 

Additionally, Srinivasan was named SoCon Student-Athlete of the Week for Sept. 25-Oct. 1 and was named the Southern Conference Golfer of the Month for September. 

She looks to continue this success as the rest of the season progresses, and will be back in action, along with the rest of the Furman women’s golf team, at the Ruth’s Chris Tar Heel Invitational from Oct. 11-13.