Influential Paladin: Jordan Lyons

Influential Paladin: Jordan Lyons

While the rest of Furman’s campus went home for winter break before the spring semester, the men’s basketball team continued to dominate the season, with Senior Jordan Lyons leading the pack. In the first game of the new year, Lyons registered a season-high 40 points against VMI to help the Paladins win 89-73. Lyons also had a season-high 11 field goals made in the VMI matchup.

Lyons has continued to be a major factor in the Paladins’ success. The team is currently ranked second in the Southern Conference. Lyons was recognized as the Southern Conference Player of the Week for the week of Jan. 7. 

Averaging 16.4 points per game so far, Lyons shows consistency as a scorer throughout the 20 games played this season. The Paladins currently have only lost five games this season, with only two of them being against conference rivals. With 11 games left in the season, the Paladins will look to continue dominating the Southern Conference. 

The team plays against Samford at home on Wednesday, Jan. 22, and then the Citadel on the road on Saturday. The Paladins will face the Wofford Terriers again for the final Weekend at Well matchup on Feb. 22.