Meet Your New SGA Student Body Officers

The Student Government Association recently held student body elections to select four new peers to lead for the 2014-15 school year. As SGA prepares to bid farewell to the current leadership, The Paladin recently asked the incoming officers to introduce themselves and give a sneak preview into their plans for the year ahead.

President

Bernadette Hritzo 

Junior, Class of 2015

Biology, Pre-med

bernadette

Orientation Staff, Symphonic Band, HHMI Bridges Mentor, Biology TA, TriBeta Biology Honor Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society, AED Journal Club, and Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society

What issue are you most focused on addressing at Furman next year as a student body officer?​

“I am unbelievably honored to have the opportunity to work with the other members of the executive board as well as the full council to increase access to SGA so that, as an organization, we can truly address the needs and goals of the Furman student body.”

Vice President

Natalia Arenas

Junior, Class of 2015

Political Science, Chinese

NataliaA

Shucker Leadership Institute (former Student Director), Orientation Staff (Current Student Coordinator), Chi Omega (Pi Chi for next year), Furman Admissions Ambassador, and Furman Presidential Aide

What issue are you most focused on addressing at Furman next year as a student body officer?

“In the upcoming school year I don’t intend on pursuing my own personal agenda, but rather I plan to seek the needs of the new student body and represent them as a student body officer. In order to accomplish this, I intend on having several conversations with my fellow peers upon my return to Furman about their expectations and what issues are most important to them. By forming relationships with the new incoming freshman class during summer orientation before their arrival in the fall, I hope to pick their brains and gain understanding as to what they expect from Furman and help meet those expectations. Whether these issues be focused in student life, academics, housing and residence life, or dining services, I am determined to address any issues that my peers feel strongly about and get the results during my tenure.”

Executive Secretary

Lee Bolton

Junior, Class of 2015

Political Science, French

Lee

Advance Team of Riley Institute, Admissions Ambassador, Furman Peer Advisor, Delta Delta Delta, Reformed University Fellowship

“Better communicating Furman’s vast resources to the student body and making sure the administration hears what the students have to say! I want to help SGA serve the student body through better lines of communication on campus!”

Treasurer

Jeff Dye

Junior, Class of 2015

Computer Science

JD

Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society, Association of Computing Machinery, Furman Creative Collaborative, Reformed University Fellowship, Academic Assistance and Tutoring, Furman Jazz Program

“Working with student organizations to help them make the most of SGA allocated funds.”