SGA Brief: Paddock to Open Sept. 9, Einstein’s and PalaDen to Cut Hours

About twenty students turned up for the Student Government Association’s meeting last Tuesday to learn about the new Paddock restaurant and the new hours for the PDen and Einstein’s Bagels.

paddock

Scott Dorreity, Furman’s Food Service Director, presented at the meeting and discussed the food the Paddock is going to offer.

Dorreity said he was excited that dining services would have the flexibility to adjust the menu and run specials.

Once the Paddock opens, the PalaDen’s hours will change from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. to 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Dorreity said the PalaDen will also be closed on Saturdays because there aren’t enough people to support both the PalaDen and the Paddock at the same time.

Hours for Einstein’s Bagels will also be limited to only the morning and early afternoon in order to encourage students to hang out and study in the Paddock or in the Trone Center.

“We want to get some traffic in this building,” Dorriety said.

Instead, late night options will be moved to the Paddock. The restaurant will serve several flavors of Leopard Forest coffee.

Dorreity said the he expects the average wait time for food will be about 8 to 10 minutes and shorter for smaller items like coffee or shakes.

All the menu items will also be available to go. Later on in the semester, a call-in option may be available.

“Let us get open, let’s try it,” Dorriety said. “One thing I really like about Furman is you all are very open with sharing your feedback.”